Exercise Referral Fitness Instructor
12th October 2021
We are seeking Exercise Referral Fitness Instructor. The successful applicant will ready to hit the ground running with clients and re-engage some great contacts the site already has.
Main purpose of the job:
Working closely with the Club Manager you will be required to educate, encourage, support, deliver and prescribe appropriate fitness programmes for clients referred from a range of practices including the Royal Free Hospital.
You will review personal activity programmes, undertake initial consultation, fitness inductions, group activities, perform progress reviews and carry out various assessments with customers who have been referred, using motivational techniques to help clients adopt appropriate lifestyle and behavioural change.
- work with your line manager and all team members to create an efficient, friendly and professional environment with high standards of presentation
- carry out and complete daily / weekly health and safety checks throughout the club, ensure the club achieves the necessary requirements and be first point of contact for first aid
- sales, marketing and communications of the club
- communicate marketing and prospecting activity to achieve club sales targets with the support of your line manager
- meet and greet at reception as and when required
- provide consultation for clients and collect data to monitor progress
- deliver a range of high-quality physical activity opportunities that are progressive and reflective of the needs of to our special populations in the community
- implement strict data and management protocols, including confidentiality
- ensure communication is maintained with referral professionals
- continue to develop by researching evidence regarding exercises and certain medical conditions
- collate information regarding the scheme and collect data for monthly report for Club Manager and other senior Managers.
- work with, and in connection with the Club manager in adapting the scheme to benefit and support long term illness.
- under the direction of the Club Manager, oversee the day to day administration tasks of the scheme, including: –
- telephone communication
- distribution of appropriate mail
- booking appointments
- monitoring scheme attendance and client’s programmes
- ensuring client follow – up procedures and implemented
- complete the daily checklists
- Duty Manager tasks
- a warm welcome and work with the team to continually improve the overall member experience
- an information induction for new club members
- comply with all Health & Safety, hygiene and COSHH regulations comply with requirements and club rules are observed by members and guests ensuring their safety and well-being when using the club
- communicate performance standards and expectations, in a way that motivates other team members
- manage customer complaints in a professional manner in line with the complaints policy and procedures
- work with your line manager to obtain regular feedback from members to ensure suggestions and customer service improvement opportunities are actioned
- Level 3 advance gym instructor
- Recognised level 3 GP Referral qualification
- Knowledge of computerised management system – preferably Legend
- prioritise, organise and manage workload effectively whilst dealing with unplanned interruptions
- follow instructions and adhere to Charity policies
- excellent IT skills
- Confidence and competence in delivering exercise programmes / classes for special population.
- work unsupervised, in a ‘team – based’ environment and to tight deadlines and deliver results
- be flexible, tactful, diplomatic and supportive in your approach
- show enthusiasm and passion for Charity environment
We’d like you to:
- have a strong affinity with the charity mission and ethos
- be motivated and self-initiated with a non-judgemental approach
- positive professional work attitude
- presentable appearance
- ‘hands on’ attitude with good attention to detail
What we offer:
Benefits package includes travel loans, Ongoing Personal Development, 28 Days Annual Leave, Free Gym Membership and lots more.
Jubilee Hall Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants who, though may not possess all qualities from our list of criteria, are able to embody our five values (Passionate, Inclusive, Productive, Enterprising and Supportive) and display the potential to develop into an excellent Receptionist.
We are a London Living Wage Employer, and we believe in developing all of our staff to be the best they can be. We won Small Employer of the Year at the UK Active Training Awards in November 2018 and in 2020 we were ranked in the top 25 Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces™ (Small Employer category).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.